Communication Protocol on the Death of a Lion
- The Lions Club President or designated Lion should contact the family and offer the Lions Memorial Service to the family. Suggest this is a non-denominational and brief service to which Lions from their club and others are invited to attend. A Lions Service is held before or during The service may be conducted by the District Governor, District Officers or Club Members.
- The responsible club member contacts the District Secretary AND the District Governor. If these persons are not available contact the 1st Vice District Governor.
- The District Secretary will contact the Lions Clubs and Cabinet members by email with the appropriate information.
- The following information is requested (to prevent duplicate notifications to clubs):
- Name of the deceased Lion
- A brief history of the Lion’s service - years in Lionism, offices held, special recognition/awards, etc.
- Name, location and phone number of the funeral home
- Visitation times
- Date and time of a Lions Service
- date, time and place of the funeral
- Special family requests.
PDF Version of this Protocol .Communication Protocol